Content marketing can boost customer engagement, increase sales, and grow your business. These content marketing statistics prove it. You’ve definitely heard of content marketing, but is your business investing in it? Content marketing is a long-term strategy that uses diverse content channels to build long-lasting customer relationships, improve engagement, and increase brand awareness. If you’re skeptical about the benefits of content marketing or reluctant to commit money to something that you’re not 100% convinced will yield the results you want – get ready to change your mind!
In this article, we’ll share ten content marketing statistics that’ll convince you to implement a strategy into your business plan. We’ve gathered the most mind-blowing content marketing stats that will — you guessed it — blow your mind. Let’s go!
Why does your business need a content marketing strategy?
Valuable, relevant, and consistent content is a powerful tool for growing your business.
Let’s find out. Below are the top benefits that implementing a content marketing strategy can have for your business.
- Improve audience retention: Content can be used to capture your audience’s attention, reinforce a positive brand image, and nurture existing customer relationships to reduce customer churn.
- Generate leads: Content captures audience attention and can be used to guide them to landing pages with an effective call-to-action.
- Increase conversions: Customers are more likely to buy from brands they trust. High-quality content establishes trust and authority. This boosts the number of visitors to your website, thus improving the number of leads that qualify and convert.
- Enhance online visibility with SEO: Higher search engine rankings = more website visitors = more conversions. Simple as that.
- Builds brand authority: Quality content can establish your brand as an authority in your niche or industry. What’s more, consumers are more likely to purchase from brands they trust.
10 content marketing statistics that demonstrate content marketing works for any business
- 70% of marketers are actively investing in content marketing. (Hubspot)
- 76% of marketers use organic traffic as a measure of content success (SEMrush)
- 61% of marketers believe that SEO is the key to online success. (Safari Digital)
- 94% of content marketers are using social media as a distribution channel for their content. (SEMrush)
- Blogs are among the primary three forms of media used in content strategies today. (HubSpot)
- Email campaigns (87%) and educational content (77%) are the top content marketing methods B2B marketers use to nurture their audience. (Content Marketing Institute)
- Only 48% of B2B marketers frequently craft content based on the specific stages of the customer journey. However, 74% of the most successful content marketers do. (Content Marketing Institute)
- The top 3 content mediums for B2B marketers are social media content (95%), blog posts/short articles (89%), and email newsletters (81%). (B2B Content Marketing Report)
- 74% of people say they’ve been convinced to buy or download a piece of software or app by watching a video. That number jumps to 84% when asked if a video convinced them to buy a product or service. (Wyzowl State of Video Marketing 2020)
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates about 3 times as many leads. (DemandMetric)
We’re not the kind of people who condone following the crowd, but when it comes to content marketing… You really should be following the crowd!
The fact that 70% of marketers are actively investing in a content marketing strategy is a testament to the fact that it works. The most successful businesses are investing as much as 40% of their marketing budgets in content, and are achieving 3x more leads by doing so.
Developing an effective content marketing strategy is essential to succeeding in today’s digital world. Strategic marketers know that it’s not all about producing and sharing large quantities of content. Instead, content marketers should use KPIs to track progress, measure results, and make data-driven decisions to inform content campaigns that align with business goals.
76% of marketers said that organic traffic is the most important metric they use to measure the success of their content strategy. With more than half of all web content accessed through organic search, it makes sense that this is a key KPI for marketers. So what other metrics are important for measuring content marketing success?
- Number of leads (62%)
- Sessions and pageviews (60%)
- Conversion rates (47%)
- Bounce rate (31%)